Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

Get Adobe Flash player

Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

Get Adobe Flash player

Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

Get Adobe Flash player

Q Switched Nd YAG Laser 532 / 1064nm

Q switched Nd YAG has been the "Gold Standard" for Tattoo removal of various colors. S.P.Derma Center was one of the first clinics to introduce Qs NdYAG laser in 2006. We perform tattoo removal in at least 12 - 15 patients a month with successful complete removal in more than 80% with Qs NdYAG 1064 /532nm Laser and for those remaining 20% who have tattoo scars or residual tattoo,Qs NdYAG Laser Co2 Fraxel laser is performed for giving the best possible result.

Tattoo pigment once in injected into the skin by an amateur or professional enters into the dermis and because of it larger size, the body’s immune system finds it hard to scavenge (remove) it naturally and the tattoo pigment stays there permanently. Q-switched lasers produce very short bursts of high energy laser light. The light is absorbed by the large ink particles, generating heat that shatters the tattoo pigment into minute particles which the body is able to remove. Because the laser energy is selectively absorbed by the tattoo ink, the surrounding skin doesn’t overheat and there is no lasting damage to the skin.

At S.P.Derma Center we use Qs NdYAG laser imported from Korea (Seoul) which has two wavelengths of operation namely 532 nm (Frequency doubled) & 1064nm.


The 532 nm mode is used for removal of light coloured tattoo, red, yellow, blue ink coloured tattoos, Freckles & Lentigines, Superficial pigmentation & Epidermal nevi.


The 1064 nm mode for dark pigment tattoos, dark green, dark blue, black tattoos, Dermal nevi( Nevus of OTA ), Pigmentation due post inflammatory condition (FDE, DLE), Skin lightening (Laser Peel).

Various Conditions Treated by Qs NdYAG Laser Are:

  • Tattoos .
  • Freckles (Light brown spots on face in Skin type 1-3 ...fair skinned patients).
  • Lentigines.
  • Post inflammatory Hyperpigmentation.
  • Epidermal / Dermal Neavi.
  • Skin Rejuvenation.
  • Pore Reduction.
  • Skin Lightening.

Before After
Tattoo-Before Tattoo-After
Tattoo corrected by Qs NdYAG 1064nm by 100% in 2 treatments


Neavus corrected by Qs NdYAG 1064nm laser by 90% in 1 treatment


Tattoo corrected in 3 treatments, the scar from tattooing can be corrected by Co2 Fraxel Laser


Neavus of OTA corrected by 60-70% in 4 treatments

Qs NdYAG laser has the benefits of removing Tattoo and unwanted pigmentary lesions without damaging the normal tissue.

For more Before After photos click the link below

Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

Get Adobe Flash player

How does it feel during the treatment

The laser treatment does cause some discomfort during treatment, it feels like getting hit with a rubberband but not painful. Patients says the pain of tattoo removal is very less compared to having the tattoo done. Some areas are more sensitive than others, such as ankles and the shoulder blade. The pain decreases as the tattoo ink fades and treatment progresses , lesser the tattoo ink lesser the pain. Local anaesthetic is available if the patient is very sensitive to pain.


What should I expect after the treatment?

Immediate white fish scale like appearance is seen. Redness and swelling may occur, similar to sunburn. This settles within a few days. Some patients may blister, which is quite normal and will not scar. Blistering does not require treatment and will usually clear within days. The treated area should not be exposed to strong sunlight between treatments, use of Sunscreen (SPF 30 and above) is advised.

How many treatments are necessary?

Most amateur tattoos require 3 to 5 laser treatments at monthly intervals. Most professional tattoos require 8 to 12 laser treatments at monthly intervals.


Side effects?

The skin can become red immediately after treatment. Scabbing and pigemntation are common which can be treated in few days. No permanent side effect is seen.

Time taken for each treatment?

Treatment can take from 15 minutes to an hour, depending on the size of the tattoo being treated.

S.P.Derma Center
Return to Top